Saturday, May 13, 2006

Oh the Irony!


Mirail, the school of crushed hopes! It is amazing how much my view of French life has changed in four years. If anyone would have told me I would be disappointed about not being able to live in France four years ago I would have laughed in their face. It was back then that I knew without a doubt that I never needed or wanted to return to France again. Oh how God had plans of his own for my life!

It is funny how God works sometimes. He took me back to France for a year. Showed me that is where He wanted me for that year of my life. He took me back for a second year and helped me fall in love with the country, the people, the life, the culture, and showed me the vast need for Himself there. As another added, unexpected clincher to loving France, the Lord allowed me to fall in love with a French man. I was definitely proved wrong when saying I would never come home with a French man. How wrong I was. I need to stop talking in absolutes. They seem to get me in trouble!

So anyway I am back in America for less than a year and have hopes of returning to Toulouse as quickly as possible. Getting into Mirail University, the classiest university there is (the picture is of mirail on one day of the two month strike), was where most of my hope lied. It seemed the easiest and most useful way to return to France. I was getting excited about being in school and learning the language.Which of course is amazing in and of itself! I couldn't wait to email my friends and tell them I could live with them. Now my hopes are crushed. Oh silly, silly Mirail. Through the process of applying for the second time, I should learn not to put my hope in going to school there! Sad day! Now we are searching for another, not so easy, way.

It will all work out, I realize this. Now the adventure and mystery begin again as I continue to trust the Lord for the next steps in this journey called life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home