ready, set, arch
Friday I finally had an appointment to use my birthday gift. I got in my car and drove to the skydive place. I was nervous the whole way. My hands shook as I signed all the papers that said I wouldn't sue them, my parents wouldn't sue them, my best friends aunt's counsin wouldn't sue them. Then I watched a video that also described all the things that could go wrong and gave the statistics for how often that happens. I am not sure what they are thinking, but I was pretty sure, even before arriving, that I was aware that I am jumping out of a plane 10,000 feet in the air and if something goes wrong that equals splat on the ground.
They then show you, rather quickly, what will happen once you reach your jumping altitude. You crawl to the edge of the door, put your feet on this little platform outside the plane and then your instructor says ready, set, arch and you are out and freefalling. After these instructions four of us crawled into the plane (the plane doesn't hold anymore then that) and we were off. The plane ride took about 30 minutes and was great. Then it was my turn to go. I got my feet outside the plane, and wasn't ready for all the wind. I was having some trouble keeping my feet on that step outside the plane. I then realized my instructor, who was attached to me, needed me far enough forward to get his leg out the door and onto the step also. I was completely out of the plane at this point and hoping I would do everything right and avoid plunging to my death! All of a sudden we were freefalling and I was praying everything would be allright with my parachute. We fell for about 30 seconds then he pulled the shoot open. The rest of the ride down took about 10 minutes. After a couple spins in the air I was getting motion sick and consentrating on not puking on my instructor. Overall it was an enjoyable experience. Definitely a rush. Thank you friends for allowing me to skydive! My mom and sister do hope you will choose a less dangerous gift next year though!
Pictures to come soon.
They then show you, rather quickly, what will happen once you reach your jumping altitude. You crawl to the edge of the door, put your feet on this little platform outside the plane and then your instructor says ready, set, arch and you are out and freefalling. After these instructions four of us crawled into the plane (the plane doesn't hold anymore then that) and we were off. The plane ride took about 30 minutes and was great. Then it was my turn to go. I got my feet outside the plane, and wasn't ready for all the wind. I was having some trouble keeping my feet on that step outside the plane. I then realized my instructor, who was attached to me, needed me far enough forward to get his leg out the door and onto the step also. I was completely out of the plane at this point and hoping I would do everything right and avoid plunging to my death! All of a sudden we were freefalling and I was praying everything would be allright with my parachute. We fell for about 30 seconds then he pulled the shoot open. The rest of the ride down took about 10 minutes. After a couple spins in the air I was getting motion sick and consentrating on not puking on my instructor. Overall it was an enjoyable experience. Definitely a rush. Thank you friends for allowing me to skydive! My mom and sister do hope you will choose a less dangerous gift next year though!
Pictures to come soon.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home