Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Welcome Home

I have officially moved out as of yesterday. Well officially all my stuff is in my new place and I get checked out of my old place in about half an hour. My arrival into my new home has been an eventful one. My new roommate Tawny seems really nice, but I have a feeling we will have pretty different work schedules so we may not be seeing much of one another.

The most eventful part of my move was the guest that I found in my new place after arriving. I had finally gotten all my stuff in my room and I heard a noise. I go the living room and swooping around in circles is a bat! I have had birds before but never a bat. I took a moment to calm myself and convince myself that he wasn't there to hurt me. Then I went in search of something to get him out of the house. There was no broom to be found so I grabbed two brown paper sacks and began swatting at the bat. Of course the ceilings are about 12 foot high so there was no chance I was actually doing any good. He just avoided every good swat. Laurent don't worry I wasn't trying to harm the bat.

After several failed attempts to swat the bat out into the blinding sunlight of midday I called some friends from Bible study. We were suppose to be getting together in a little while for Memorial Day so I thought there might be a boy there that wasn't afraid to play with bats. Andrea and Cory came to my rescue. I think they really just had great hopes of playing a little bat baseball! So after all my swatting, which I am sure would have been an enjoyable thing to watch, Cory walked in with the broom and got the bat out in about 30 seconds. Just goes to show you how handy a broom is. So lets all make a date to get together,go to target, and buy brooms!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home