Kids are so funny!
Awhile ago Laurent asked me (when we were talking about having kids in the future) how I would dress our kids when they went to school. I responded by explaining that I would let them pick out and wear what they wanted. He was slightly horrified that his children would one day be known as the kids who dress funny by the others on the French playground. He explained to me that no one would play with our kids and the other children would go home and ask their parents why our kids dressed so funny. To this I replied that the other parents will just tell their kids not to worry, it is just that their mom is American. I'm not sure he was completely comforted, and I think he decided that he would be picking out our children's clothes.
Why do I mention this? Well, when I was working in one of the grocery stores today I saw a mother and her son. They were shopping and the boy must have gotten warm so he removed his coat. Oh yes, he had on a full, one piece superman costume. It even covered his shoes. There was no cape, which is slightly disappointing, but hey I say a parent has to pick their battles!
So Laurent, how do you feel about our kids picking out their own clothes now?
Why do I mention this? Well, when I was working in one of the grocery stores today I saw a mother and her son. They were shopping and the boy must have gotten warm so he removed his coat. Oh yes, he had on a full, one piece superman costume. It even covered his shoes. There was no cape, which is slightly disappointing, but hey I say a parent has to pick their battles!
So Laurent, how do you feel about our kids picking out their own clothes now?

3 Comments:
Can they have a Pepe le Pew costume instead of the Superman one? It is my only request.
laurent
No I am joking. :-) They can't. They will dress nicely, that is it!
We French people are not as bad as she pictures us. We just think that our kids should wear sthg that reflects what their parents look like at home. that is why they don't wear sweatpants and hoodies at school. but I guess that ours will have to wear those every other day then, Sharla... ;-)
Post a Comment
<< Home