Picking Berries
Today we spent Father's Day in Salies. I think this is Jean-Pierre's favorite place! Who doesn't love going back to where they grew up?
Everyone slept in late this morning. Then we headed off to the place we are having our French wedding reception for lunch. It is a cute place. It made me smile because it looks like an old barn that has been redone a little. The top half still looks like an old un-used hay loft and the bottom is a nice open space to have a meal with lots of people and maybe a dance.
We proceed to eat out two hour lunch (of course I sometimes enjoy the long lunches and sometimes I wonder why we are wasting all that time sitting around the table). We had our balade/walk after our meal.
One of my favorite parts of the day was when we went and picked raspberries (I'm not sure if these really belonged to us, but the neighbor is a cousin, so he must not care). Then we picked these red berries that we don't have in the states. I think I like them, and I am excited to try the jelly that Jean-Pierre is making out of them right now. We also picked some flowers from a tree today that can be made into a caffine free tea. They need to dry now, so I will have to let you know how it tastes when they are finally ready.
Overall it was a good day! I enjoy learning new things!
Everyone slept in late this morning. Then we headed off to the place we are having our French wedding reception for lunch. It is a cute place. It made me smile because it looks like an old barn that has been redone a little. The top half still looks like an old un-used hay loft and the bottom is a nice open space to have a meal with lots of people and maybe a dance.
We proceed to eat out two hour lunch (of course I sometimes enjoy the long lunches and sometimes I wonder why we are wasting all that time sitting around the table). We had our balade/walk after our meal.
One of my favorite parts of the day was when we went and picked raspberries (I'm not sure if these really belonged to us, but the neighbor is a cousin, so he must not care). Then we picked these red berries that we don't have in the states. I think I like them, and I am excited to try the jelly that Jean-Pierre is making out of them right now. We also picked some flowers from a tree today that can be made into a caffine free tea. They need to dry now, so I will have to let you know how it tastes when they are finally ready.
Overall it was a good day! I enjoy learning new things!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home