Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Car

My very old car has been a pretty big blessing for me. It was a gift so I didn't have to find one when I got back from France. It is old though. At this point it has over 225,000 miles on it. Still running strong though.
The thing that seems to be the main problem is that my doors are starting to not open. My back doors haven't opened in ages. This morning I went to get out of my car at the plasma place. I pulled on the handle and nothing happened. After multiple tries I proceeded to crawl over the seat and out the passenger door. The rest of the afternoon I prayed that God would fix it. That all of a sudden He would just make it open, whatever wasn't catching inside would catch. I crawled over the seat multiple times today running errands. Feeling silly every time someone was around to see me get out of my car.
I went to a body shop to get it fixed. The receptionist watched me crawl out my passenger side. One of the a mechanics came to help me. He grabbed the handle and tried it. I then unlocked it and tried it myself. It opened right up. Of course it did! Now that someone was there to fix it, it worked perfectly. I then wondered why God chose to answer my prayer in front of someone else. I of course felt a little stupid. As I stood there waiting for the man to take a closer look I realized that I was thankful it opened there so if I shut it again and it didn't work he could help me. There happened to be a piece of rubber loose that was getting caught so the door couldn't open. The man cleaned out the space and ripped off the piece of rubber. Then it worked!
Praise that Lord that he gives us the gifts we need! Even if we are embarrassed when we receive them.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you remember my Ford Festiva?! If I locked the door I could only unlock it from inside the car. I crawled through the passenger side so many times until that lock started to stick. Then I crawled through the hatch. What a sight.

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home