My first French wedding
Saturday a couple of our friends got married. It was fun to finally experience my first French wedding and to see the goods and interestings of a wedding in a different culture. A group of us were asked to sing for the wedding so we came the day before to practice. There is no rehearsal so it kind of seems like the other things get done the day of. So an hour before the wedding is to start all the musicians arrive and practice. They did a great job, but it just seems crazy to practice an hour before. Maybe they did more without me knowing.
After the ceremony there are snacks at the church (these included muscles and fries. I never would have guessed, and no I didn't eat any because I knew I would end up with them on me and my silk shirt). Everyone stays and mingles for an hour or two because receptions are pretty small in France. Probably between 50 and 80 people I would say. After the snacks people head the reception where a nice four course dinner is served. As you eat there are friends and family who put on skits, games, and show videos to keep everyone entertained. The games they played are fun and the song the brothers and sisters made up was great.
After dinner the dance started. I didn't dance because I was having an adult conversation with someone I would like to make friends with. Since this doesn't happen everyday I gave up the dancing for the hopes of something better in the long run. Our ride then decided they would like to leave, so no dancing.
All in all I figure it was okay that our ride was leaving. It was 12:30 AM even though the party was just getting started. I know it went until at least 2 but haven't gotten any offical ending times. They normally go later then that.
The thing I think I appreciate the most about their weddings is that they have a long time to see all the people they invited and everyone who came from all over. Plan a long wedding. It will be fun for you, and that is what counts since it is your day.
After the ceremony there are snacks at the church (these included muscles and fries. I never would have guessed, and no I didn't eat any because I knew I would end up with them on me and my silk shirt). Everyone stays and mingles for an hour or two because receptions are pretty small in France. Probably between 50 and 80 people I would say. After the snacks people head the reception where a nice four course dinner is served. As you eat there are friends and family who put on skits, games, and show videos to keep everyone entertained. The games they played are fun and the song the brothers and sisters made up was great.
After dinner the dance started. I didn't dance because I was having an adult conversation with someone I would like to make friends with. Since this doesn't happen everyday I gave up the dancing for the hopes of something better in the long run. Our ride then decided they would like to leave, so no dancing.
All in all I figure it was okay that our ride was leaving. It was 12:30 AM even though the party was just getting started. I know it went until at least 2 but haven't gotten any offical ending times. They normally go later then that.
The thing I think I appreciate the most about their weddings is that they have a long time to see all the people they invited and everyone who came from all over. Plan a long wedding. It will be fun for you, and that is what counts since it is your day.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home