Mirail
After receiving, for the second time in my life, the letter from Mirail University saying I was not accepted to go to school there I thought it was impossible. Two weeks after school started a letter arrived in my mailbox. It was from Mirail, which is bizarre because they have already told me that I can't go to school, so what else do they want. Well they now want to tell me that low and behold there is now a spot for me in class. Praise the Lord!!!! It is amazing how great something can be for you and how frustrated you can be at how it came about. Isn't it also incredible that a university would tell you to go to school two weeks after they had already started?
Now our teachers are not overly helpful. Most of them are nice enough, but when you inform them that you have missed the first to weeks of class, which isn't your fault it is the universities fault remember, they tell you that they can't go back for everyone who has missed class and you need to just get the notes from the other students. I am pretty sure no teacher would do that in the states. Oh, learning a new world. It is always so interesting.
For my last topic I would like to talk about the resto u. This is the cafeteria. I use to eat here all the time when I lived here before. My first time walking up the steps last week made me cringe a little. It was all the same and it was all pretty gross. I ate with some of the students from my class and one of the guys says, 'you didn't eat very much'. I politely responded by reminding him that it was pretty disgusting. Yesterday topped it off though. When we were getting into the line you can see behind where the servers are. One of them had just dropped many petits loaves of bread on the ground. I watched as he threw them back in the container and placed them on the shelf for the students to take. As I walked past, making sure that I took bread from the other basket, I kept thinking, I have seen that happen here before. I think it gave me flashbacks of the same thing happening when I was on stint. Mmmmm.... French bread!
Now our teachers are not overly helpful. Most of them are nice enough, but when you inform them that you have missed the first to weeks of class, which isn't your fault it is the universities fault remember, they tell you that they can't go back for everyone who has missed class and you need to just get the notes from the other students. I am pretty sure no teacher would do that in the states. Oh, learning a new world. It is always so interesting.
For my last topic I would like to talk about the resto u. This is the cafeteria. I use to eat here all the time when I lived here before. My first time walking up the steps last week made me cringe a little. It was all the same and it was all pretty gross. I ate with some of the students from my class and one of the guys says, 'you didn't eat very much'. I politely responded by reminding him that it was pretty disgusting. Yesterday topped it off though. When we were getting into the line you can see behind where the servers are. One of them had just dropped many petits loaves of bread on the ground. I watched as he threw them back in the container and placed them on the shelf for the students to take. As I walked past, making sure that I took bread from the other basket, I kept thinking, I have seen that happen here before. I think it gave me flashbacks of the same thing happening when I was on stint. Mmmmm.... French bread!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home