Wednesday, November 07, 2007

French University

When I went to offically register for classes on Monday the secretary told me that I needed to make sure to register today because the strikes may start tomorrow and last until Christmas. Now, I don't know how this makes you feel, but it doesn't make me want to run over, write out my check, and then jump up and down that I don't actually get to go to the classes I have just paid for.
Of course she was right. The strikes started Tuesday morning, have lasted through today, and if I am reading the French well they will continue through tomorrow. Tomorrow they will have yet another vote about wether to continue the strike or not, but I am not sure that the decision has ever come back as 'no, lets not strike'.
Personally I am hoping the strikes last long enough that I won't miss the tests I was going to miss by visiting my sister and mom in Vienna. I am curious to see how this changes things. Do we take the tests anyway even though the teachers haven't prepared us? Do they make up classes we miss? Are we suppose to be studying on our own?! Yeah, I'm sure that happens a ton.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home